Thursday, February 8, 2018

Living Smart: Sparking Creativity

After watching Dr. Raul Cuero's interview, I felt inspired by his anecdotes on his childhood and the struggles therein. I couldn't imagine how it must feel to be raised by parents who can't write or read, and yet manage to grow into such a highly respected scientist in the international community. Losing family to such simple things as tetanus is unimaginable, and while I felt inspired, I also felt overwhelmed.

I've never suffered much in my daily life. Perhaps one of the deepest sources of Dr. Cuero's creativity lies not just in his brilliant mind, his ambition and the intensity of his focus, but the suffering around him. When there's so little else but pain and squalor around you, where else could your mind go except to the relief of better, brighter things?

No comments:

Post a Comment