Thursday, February 8, 2018

Combination


For my combination piece, I thought long and hard on just what sort of creation I could come up with. I knew I wanted to do something funny--to me at least--and thus the Crab Dildo was born: the dildo made of tiny, live crabs. God wishes he didn't know how they all stay together in such a formation.

I wanted to do some kind of dildo made out of some kind of uncomfortable material; I wanted perhaps one of the last things one could possibly want to stick inside themselves. A cactus came to mind, but that's too cliche in my mind. Everyone thinks of cactus! I had to search elsewhere. I deconstructed: what about a cactus makes it dangerous and painful? The needles! Perhaps a bundle of needles would do the trick, yet shaping them into a recognizably phallic shape proved difficult. I wanted texture and depth, something such thin, rigid needles couldn't give me.

Crabs! Of course! I like to think of this epiphany as one part visual pun, one part total silliness. If tiny stabbing things couldn't give me what I wanted, then surely tiny, wriggling, pinching things would inspire all nearby orifices to clench in fear. I hope this thought is illustrated well.

1 comment:

  1. lol, you may be on to something, but in mean time ... some driftwood story - http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-island-with-bear-grylls/news/a826770/the-island-with-bear-grylls-dildo-crab/

    ReplyDelete