Thursday, March 15, 2018

Grid Art: Trees and Moon


Trees and Moon

     For my grid art, I wanted to put together something to relax me. I love pine trees and the nighttime, so I painted several sheets of heavy paper in different deep shades, then tore them up and pieced it all back together like a puzzle. I tried to vary between two different subtle shades of green to differentiate the trees, but I feel that perhaps I wasn't bold enough with the difference. 
      Likewise, I wanted the ground to be a dark shade of purple: adding more green to the image might overwhelm it, and besides most shades turn cooler at night. If I could change anything about my grid art, I would probably make the trees different shades of blue, to reflect nighttime.


1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea of painting paper, then ripping the paper apart to creative a piece of art ! Super cool.

    ReplyDelete